Community Health Nurse and Health Promotion
Moyne Health Services’ Community Health offers holistic health promotion, health education and wellbeing programs to the primary schools and early learning environments across Port Fairy and Koroit.
Leadership teams, staff, wellbeing officers and parents are involved in the planning of Wellbeing Programs so we can deliver health promotion, health education and mindfulness programs which are evidence-based and inclusive of local need.
Community Health programs
- Peaceful Kids is an eight-week mindfulness-based Positive Psychology program delivered to small groups in Primary Schools. This program educates students and provides practical strategies for managing mental health and wellbeing.
- Brain Breaks is a mindfulness and skills development program for kinder and primary school students. It is delivered in a classroom setting and uses a variety of physical movements to integrate the whole brain for learning and mindfulness strategies to switch on attention, concentration and promote stress reduction.
- Mindful Transitions is a personal development program delivered to whole classes during key developmental stages of change. Mindful Transitions educates students about self care, provides mental health promotion and practical skills to navigate stages of change successfully.
- Personal Development – Puberty Education is delivered to grades five and six students.
- Workplace Wellbeing delivers Health Promotion, education and mindfulness skills development in educational settings (and at MHS in partnership with our People and Culture team)
- Germ Busters is an interactive, play-based hand hygiene and infection prevention program delivered to children at Kindergarten and Primary School.
How can you request service?
Through your school or kindergartens leadership or wellbeing team or contact
Community Health Manager
We encourage program questions and feedback and are very happy to share wellbeing resources.
Community Health Nurse