MHS also employs a qualified, credentialled Diabetes Educator to help you and your family manage diabetes with confidence, skill and motivation.
Individual clinical consults are offered through face-to-face or telehealth options for management of Type1, Type 2, Juvenile or Pre-diabetes.
Our service may assist people to:
- understand a diagnosis of diabetes
- self-monitor blood glucose, including the use of “smart” meters
- understand the role of oral medications and insulin in diabetes management and use of insulin devices
- manage continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and insulin pumps
- develop strategies to deal with recurrent or severe episodes of hypoglycaemia
- plan sick day management.
Our staff also provide nursing, medical and allied health staff with diabetes education and resources and deliver a Chronic Disease Management Program.