Home Care Packages
A Home Care Package is an Aged Care Commonwealth Government-funded program providing services to help you to remain at home for as long as possible. Packages range through four levels, from basic care to high care.
MHS is a recognised leader of Aged Care services with a 13-year history of providing Home Care Packages in the Moyne region.
Our team of experienced and qualified staff provide services to help you if you are having difficulties with your personal or home care. Our aim is to help you remain living at home with access to flexible services and care.
You choose the type and manner of service delivery.
What types of services can you access through Moyne Health Services?
Services offered through a MHS Home Care Packages may include, but are not limited to:
- support services – eg help with washing and ironing, house cleaning, gardening, basic home
- maintenance, home modifications related to your care needs
- transport to help you with shopping, medical appointments or social activities
- personal care – eg help with showering or bathing, dressing and mobility
- nursing – home nursing services to assist with medical and health issues
- allied health and therapy services
- other clinical services – hearing services and vision services
- care coordination and case management.
How can you get a Home Care Package?
You need to be assessed and approved for a package through My Aged Care.
We can assist you to do this or you can contact My Aged Care directly to discuss your needs.
Once approved for a Home Care Package, you can receive our services by contacting us directly.
Moyne Health Services charge 10% Care Management Fee and a 20% Package Management Fee (deducted from the Government Daily Supplement).
Non-pensioners are may be required to pay an Income Tested Fee as assessed by Centrelink.
Our staff welcome any enquiries about this program and can help you to begin the referral process to obtain a package.